Monday, September 04, 2017

Did you know the Rebecca's Wedding?

Rebecca's Wedding


  When Abraham was young, He left his home at Ur in Mesopotamia and went to dwell in the land of Canaan. Now that he was old, he knew that the time had come to look for a wife for Isaac, hid son.
   "I wish my boy to marry a girl of our own people," Abraham told his chief servant. "God again to Ur, the city of my brother Nahor, and the Lord will help you find Isaac's bride."

   Abraham's servant took ten of his master's camels, and set off on the journey to Us. Since he was not sure how to go about his search, he prayed for help.
   "Soon, I shall reach the well at Ur," he thought. "When the young women of the city come to draw water, I will speak to the one who seems the fairest. Perhaps she will offer to draw water not only for me, but for my camels as well. Then, I shall know that she is as good as she is beautiful, and that the Lord has sent her."

   Abraham's servant waited by the well at Ur. Before long, a graceful maiden came tripping by, with a jug on her shoulder. "Please give me a sip of water," he asked. "I'm thirsty, for I have traveled far today."
     "Then, your camels must be thirsty, too," the girl replied with a smile. "Drink, while I draw water for them as as well," 
   The servant was amazed. "Surely my prayer has been answered," he thought

   "Who are you, and who is your father?" the man asked "I am Rebecca, daughter of bethuel, the son off Nahor." 
   "Nahor!" the servant exclaimed. "That was the brother of my master Abraham. Now, take me to your family's home." He gave Rebecca a golden ornament and a pair of bracelets----Isaac's gift for his bride-to-be. Rebecca's Mother and brother were pleased with what they heard of Isaac, and decided that Rebecca might marry him if she were willing.
   "I am willing," Rebecca said.  "Tomorrow, let me go to him."

   Near sunset the next day, Isaac went out to the fields by the roadside. There, he saw the caravan coming. "Who is that young man?" Rebecca asked her guide. "That is Abraham's son," the servant told her.
   Shyly, Rebecca got off her camel and went to meet Isaac. The two were Married, and lived happily together for many years.

Read and Share.
More Stories in bible soon....

0 comments:

Post a Comment